Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Lamb of God...Hallelujah, what a Savior!

singing "I love you, Lord, and I lift my voice..."


On March 16, 2000, I was in Jerusalem, Israel, for a ten-day tour with 850 other ladies for the filming of Beth Moore’s “Jesus, the One and Only” Bible study.



We visited the traditional site of the Upper Room where Jesus and his disciples celebrated the Passover meal as their Last Supper.



During our Bible study that day, we learned from Exodus 6:6-7 there were four cups of wine taken at the Passover meal representing the four “I-will” statements of God:


(1) I will bring you out from under the yoke,
(2) I will free you from being slaves, (these two cups were taken before leaving the Upper Room),
(3) I will redeem you with an out-stretched arm,
(4) I will take you as my own people.



As they walked out of the Upper Room, across the Kidron Valley to the Mount of Olives, they sang a hymn from Psalm 118:22-28, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the capstone, the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. O Lord, save us: O Lord grant us success. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. From the house of the Lord we bless you. The Lord is God and he has made his light shine upon us. With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession up to the horns of the altar.”



Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, was walking across the Kidron Valley “up to the horns of the altar” to redeem us with his outstretched arms on the Cross. God’s Word is amazing. Christ’s walk through the valley of Kidron on his way to the Mount of Olives illustrates this fact: He had to walk through “the valley of the shadow of death," placing death and the grave beneath His Feet before He was able to return to the Mount of Olives as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the reigning Prince of Peace.



We climbed upstairs to a room above King David’s tomb to the traditional site where Jesus shared his last supper with his disciples. We read Jesus' words in Luke 22:20, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.”




left to right: Beth Miller, Beth Moore, Linda Thomas
When we finished reading the Word and praying, we all lifted our hands to heaven and sang, “I love you Lord, and I lift my voice, to worship You Oh my soul, rejoice. Take joy, my King, in what you hear. Let it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear.” Hallelujah, what a Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive