Monday, November 24, 2014

ASK--Ask, Seek, Knock--a WOW! moment on the Mount






Standing here on the hill where Jesus proclaimed the Sermon on the Mount and where He fed the multitudes with five loaves and two fish, God's Word comes alive.

I remember one early morning about 2 a.m. when I couldn't sleep. I opened my Bible to the Scripture Matthew 7:7 and suddenly, like a light from Heaven, the word ASK jumped off the page: Ask, and it will be given to you; Seek and you will find; Knock and the door will be opened to you.

Ask
Seek
Knock
The first letter of each of the three action verbs, Ask, Seek, and Knock spell the word, "ASK"

WOW! How amazing, how mysterious, that at 2 a.m. my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ would highlight the first letter of those three words in sequence.

He who spoke the world into existence, spoke these words in that sequence (as translated into the English language) and He revealed it to my delight in the middle of the night...because I was seeking Him.


Seek Him. Seek the One who called you. Seek to know Him. Seek a heart to love Him. 

Seek--the heart of the three words, Ask, SEEK, Knock.


Walking on the ground where Jesus walked, sitting on the mount by the Sea of Galilee where He taught His disciples, where He walked on the water, where He calmed the sea, brings me into a closer personal relationship with my Savior and my Lord, Jesus Christ.

I take away such Truth from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I realize the Sermon on the Mount is my call for getting to the core of life's meaning...f
or moving beyond the external to the internal...for discovering the heart of the matter is a matter of the heart...a matter of attitude, or as Jesus taught, our be-attitudes

Take a few moments to reflect on this rendition of I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked.

Was this encouraging to you? Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I'd love to hear from you!

Linking up with Holley Gerth's Coffee for Your Heart as an encourager.

10 comments:

  1. what an incredible experience! To walk in the same places Jesus walked, to step in the story in such a real way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn, for stopping by to leave a comment from over at Holley's place! Yes, I re-live the experiences of being there each time I open God's Word...truly the Author of the Book shows up ❤️

      Delete
  2. Oh, I never saw the acronym A.S.K. in the command "Ask, Seek, Knock". That's beautiful. Your words and pictures are refreshing to me this morning. I especially love this regarding the Sermon on The Mount: "for discovering the heart of the matter is a matter of the heart...a matter of attitude, or as Jesus taught, our be-attitudes". Perfectly put! Thanks for sharing your gifts here. I'm glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I so appreciate your comments as my neighbor from Holley's place...it is a blessing to me to share with others what our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has used to encourage me ❤️

      Delete
  3. Wow!! How cool is that! Wonderful how He shows us more of Himself even in the middle of the night! Thanks for this and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, thank you so much for stopping by from Holley's place to leave your encouraging comments! Many blessings :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Beth! What a great reminder. Visiting from Coffee For Your Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you for your sweet comments! Many blessings to you and your family :)

      Delete
  5. Seek the One who called you-Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sarah, I always appreciate your encouraging comments ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive