Thursday, October 23, 2014

slowly, steadily, surely...


It was spring break of my senior year in high school. I was invited to attend a Young Life inner city retreat. During the quiet time, I took my Living Bible and sat down under a tree. My Bible fell open to this Scripture, and a bright ray of sunlight shining through the tree seemed to highlight it on the page and inscribe it on my heart…
We are saved by trusting. And trusting means looking forward to getting something we don’t yet have—for a man who already has something doesn’t need to hope and trust that he will get it. But if we must keep trusting God for something that hasn’t happened yet, it teaches us to wait patiently and confidently. Romans 8:24-25 TLB

Trusting, then years later, the same message from this Scripture in the same Living Bible...
But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day! Habakkuk 2:3 TLB

Take a moment to ponder these wonderful words of life from Selah’s version of the song, How Deep The Father’s Love For Us

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom


Was this encouraging to you? Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below, I'd love to hear from you!

day 23 of my 31 days of encouragement...

2 comments:

  1. Beth.we need encouragement to hang-in--there when the vision tarries, don't we"
    I have to laugh at God's sense of humour:My second son, Simon, has been away from God for more than 20 years...yet I hold on to a mighty prophesy given over his life when he was 11, that the fire of this man's life will touch many [ Winkie Pratney].
    Simon is a teacher and has been looking for work for next year, in Melbourne where he lives. He has just been appointed to a private JEWISH School~!
    I am sure God is in on this.
    That song is a favourite.....powerful and true
    God Bless you Beth,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing that, Mary. I believe God has a wonderful plan and purpose for each of our lives, and it is such a blessing when He lifts the veil and lets us see a little bit of how He is working in the lives of our loved ones!

      Delete

Blog Archive