Thursday, October 30, 2014

5:30am beside the Sea of Galilee...

5:30am March 20, 2000, beside the Sea of Galilee, Tiberias, Israel
It is 5:30am, still dark as I settle down on the rocks beside the Sea of Galilee in Tiberias, Israel, on a cool Monday morning in March, 2000. I turn on my video camera and set it down on the rock beside me to record the sunrise and then I steady my 35mm camera for this first still shot of the pink glow beginning to peak over the eastern hills.
5:40am March 20, 2000 beside the Sea of Galilee
Then it hits me...He was here, He walked here, He may have sat on this very same rock on that early morning after His resurrection as He prepared a breakfast of fish and bread on a fire for His disciples. Right here where I am sitting right now. I am in awe. His Spirit Feet shod with flesh left footprints in this sand.

He is here now, with me. Emmanuel, God with us. His Spirit dwells in the innermost part of me, taking authority over my soul, the seat of my emotions, and my body, my fleshly desires and appetites. El Shaddai, my all-sufficient Heavenly Father, my Abba Daddy, speaking to me through His Word from Jeremiah 1:5, Beth, before you were born, I knew you.

6:00am March 20, 2000 beside the Sea of Galilee
My video camera on the rock beside me hums, and I begin to sing, My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine, for Thee all the follies of sin I resign, My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou... and then suddenly, at the exact moment when the first golden round edge of the sun peeks over the distant hills, my voice can be faintly heard on the video recording singing the closing words of the hymn...If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.


Take a few moments
to listen to Darlene Zschech's beautiful rendition of My Jesus I Love Thee.

Was this encouraging to you? Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below, I'd love to hear from you!

day 30 of 31 days of encouragement...

2 comments:

  1. I was with you in spirit, singing along with you, watching that sun rise of Galilee...what a sacred moment Beth...how wondrous to be where His feet walked, where He sat and taught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you are the sweetest encourager, a true blessing from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I so wanted to share my experiences because I knew as I was having each experience that I would never be the same again. Thank you for sharing with me how you were right there with me in spirit...may it bless you just as it did me!

      Delete

Blog Archive