Sunday, October 17, 2010

Because God Is Sovereign

One of my favorite quotes, based on many Scriptures about the sovereignty of God, is:

"Nothing comes into my life that is not filtered through God's Hands of Love."

I also recently read the following very thought-provoking quote by Dan B. Allender, PhD, from his excellent book and workbook, "To Be Told: Know Your Story, Shape Your Future"...

"Jesus always gives you what he knew you would have asked for if you knew everything he knows."

God sees the end from the beginning...He knows me intimately, He knit me together in my mother's womb, one day I will see Him face-to-face and I will know as I am known...until then, I will expect a mystery...It is His plan that’s important, not my desire. 

I didn’t bring myself into this world, and I can’t take myself into heaven. I really don’t know what is best for me or for those I love. 

I ask God to make me sensitive to the reality that He is in control, and that He is using this--even this--to conform me to the image of His Son. I want that most of all. 

I train my mind to acknowledge God’s hand in whatever it is I'm living with. 

I practice words like, “I don’t know,” “I will trust,” “I can’t explain,” “I release it all,” because God is sovereign.

He is the beginning, He will be the ending, and in between, by His grace, He lets us be part of His perfect plan…for His glory and for our good. In the meantime, I will expect a mystery.

(c) 2010 beth willis miller


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive