Thursday, November 12, 2009

Garden of Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives

2000 year old olive tree on Mount of Olives
Looking up to heaven from under the 2000 year old olive tree

Garden of Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives







It was Wednesday, March 15, 2000, the tour bus stopped at the top of the Mount of Olives. As I stepped off the bus, and my foot first touched the Mount of Olives, I became so aware of the presence of the Lord, I remembered God's Word in Zechariah 14:3-9..."on that day, His Feet will stand on the Mount of Olives and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west."
Walking down the Mount of Olives
My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ walked here, prayed here, ascended to Heaven here, and one day He will return here, splitting the Mount of Olives like the veil of the temple. As I begin to walk down the steep incline down the Mount of Olives to the Garden of Gethsemane, my eyes begin to fill with tears for the sweat drops of blood pressed from my Savior as He wept and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet, not as I will, but as You will."


Standing beside this olive tree, estimated to be over 2,000 years old, I realize, He could have prayed here that night, beside this very tree, when He went further still, when Jesus was betrayed with a kiss.


In John 18:4-6, "Jesus knowing all that was going to happen to Him went out and asked them, "Who is it you want?" When Jesus said, "I AM," they drew back and fell to the ground." I can hear my dear Lord saying, "I AM," here where I am standing now. My God and my Savior Jesus Christ, the great "I AM"...what knocked 600 armed soldiers to their backs? The God of all creation, El Elyon, the Sovereign and Supreme Most High God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob stood before them in living, breathing flesh and uttered His perfect, divine, and holy name: "I AM!" In Acts 1:11-12, "This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven. Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives." I will never be the same again..."Lord Jesus, open the blocked artery that connects my head to my heart. Open my mind that I may understand the Scriptures, to have Your Feast every day until I see You Face-to-face. In the precious and holy name of Jesus Christ, I pray, amen."
View of Jerusalem from walkway down the Mount of Olives


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive