Monday, April 20, 2015

blessed with every spiritual blessing...

artwork by Tamara Peterson
When I saw Tamara Peterson’s beautiful work of art, I immediately began to hear the modern hymn, Crowder’s How He Loves ...this is a song which reminds me of the Truth in Ephesians Chapter One, Scripture passages I wrap around my heart, like the Loving Arms of my Savior Jesus Christ, when I feel discouraged.

I remember reading years ago about an old Navajo Indian who had become rich because oil had been found on his property. He took all the money and put it in a bank. His banker became familiar with the habits of this old gentleman. Every once in a while the Indian would show up at the bank and say to the banker, "Grass all gone, sheep all sick, water holes dry." The banker wouldn't say a word—he knew what needed to be done. He'd bring the old man inside and seat him in the vault. Then he'd bring out several bags of silver dollars and say, "These are yours." The old man would spend about an hour in there looking at his money, stacking up the dollars and counting them. Then he'd come out and say, "Grass all green, sheep all well, water holes all full." He was simply reviewing his resources.
That is where encouragement is found—when you look at the resources in God’s Word which are yours, the riches, the facts which undergird your faith. Here are just a few of those treasures found in Ephesians 1:3-4:

NASB: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love.

TLB: How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every blessing in heaven because we belong to Christ. Long ago, even before He made the world, God chose us to be his very own through what Christ would do for us; He decided then to make us holy in his eyes, without a single fault—we who stand before Him covered with his love.

Amplified: May blessing (praise, laudation, and eulogy) be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) Who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual (given by the Holy Spirit) blessing in the heavenly realm! Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.
 
Phillips: Praise be to God for giving us through Christ every possible spiritual benefit as citizens of Heaven! For consider what He has done—before the foundation of the world he chose us to become, in Christ, his holy and blameless children living within his constant care.

NET: Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ. For He chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world that we may be holy and unblemished in His sight in love.

Wuest: May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be eulogized, the One Who conferred benefactions upon us in the sphere of every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, even as He selected us out for Himself in Him before the foundations of the universe were laid, to be holy ones and without blemish before His searching, penetrating gaze in love.


Young’s Literal: Blessed [is] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who did bless us in every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, according as He did choose us in him before the foundation of the world, for our being holy and unblemished before Him, in love.

Weekly Link-Ups…

62 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful scripture in all it's versions and a beautiful painting! There are so many scriptures like that I wrap my heart around. Blessings. Love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachael, thank you so much...many blessings to you ❤️

      Delete
  2. wow Beth...what a word study... you certainly turned my heart towards the Lord and to giving thanks for every spiritual blessing He has endowed me with.
    I love a verse that says No good thing does He withhold from those who love Him. Ps 84.11. It seems to go with with your words today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how God chose us before the foundation of the world began. It gives me chills every time I even say those words. Thank you for the blessing of your words today. Such beauty in God's truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I've got chills right along with you! Many blessings to you ❤️

      Delete
  4. I adore this song...and what a beautiful work of art. Thanks for sharing, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holly, I appreciate your encouragement ❤️

      Delete
  5. Yep, I thought of Crowder's song the moment I glimpsed your striking image just now, Beth.

    Praise God for that LOVE!

    I hope you are well ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda, isn't it a blessing to gave that kind of sound track playing in our hearts? I appreciate you stopping by...all is well ❤️

      Delete
  6. Beth, that Crowder song is one of my favorites. I even heard Crowder sing it live with its author, John Mark McMillan. Thank you for sharing the depth of meaning through the different versions of Scripture. Cheering you on! #RaRaLinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, thanks for stopping by from #RaRaLinkUp...such a blessing ❤️

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing these scriptures, and the beautiful work of art. This is such a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments...many blessings to you and your 3 children ❤️

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this reminder... I don't need to "make do" with my own human strength because I have been blessed with His resources!
    --Jan (visiting from SDG)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That legend is perfect - if we can all pause every once in a while, when feeling drained, discouraged and empty, to renew our spirits with His Spirit, our resources are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This verse was a part of my Beth Moore study homework that I did earlier tonight. It really is a beautiful and powerful truth, if we were to take the time to let this sink in, we would be blown away by the magnitude of the resources at our disposal.
    Blessings,
    Kamea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kamea, I love Beth Moore Bible studies...which one are you doing now? Ephesians is such a rich treasure trove of Truth...always something new to know and believe about our precious Lord Jesus ❤️

      Delete
    2. Yes, Kamea. We need to take time to consider, really consider the resources at our disposal through Christ from our loving Heavenly Father. Thank you for this reminder.

      Delete
    3. Cindy, I so agree with you and Kamea...many blessings to you ❤️

      Delete
  11. A God who wants to bless us - pour His bountiful, abundant blessings over us. We just started a sermon series on Ephesians at my church, so just studied this verse - what amazing promises from our magnificent God.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Crowder hymn too! I am visiting from W2W linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the story (I teach Navajo kids) and what it represents--so often we get to griping about what we have and don't have and fail to remember that our Father has limitless resources--he can make things happen that seem impossible to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so neat that you teach Navajo children! Thank you for your encouraging comments ❤️

      Delete
  14. Hey Beth, we are next-door neighbors at Kristin's today!!! What shall it be? coffee or tea, as we visit over the clothesline!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I wish we really were backyard neighbors ❤️ Many blessing sweet friend!

      Delete
  15. Isn't it amazing to think, Beth, that we are holy and blameless in his sight? We just need to keep on "reviewing" all the gifts from our father - all his promises and then we realize - we are so secure. Cheering you on with passion today from the #RaRalinkup on Purposeful Faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly, I so agree with you. I'm enjoying so much the community at #RaRaLinkUp ❤️

      Delete
  16. I love reading the same verse from different translations - God does a beautiful thing hearing the same message with different words. Thanks for linking up at #ThreeWordWednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, thanks for stopping by from your #ThreeWordWrdnesday community....always so encouraging ❤️

      Delete
  17. Thank you for your post it is uplifting. #WomenWithIntentionWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. It is a blessing to hear that what our Lord Jesus Christ has used to encourage me, has been uplifting to others. Many blessings to you ❤️

      Delete
  18. Love how this story illustrates perfectly this scripture...How reviewing our resources changes our perspective. Why we need to spend time in God's Word each day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He has unlimited resources for us when we choose Him... that's so exciting to me. I love the amplified version of that verse by the way, it's so rich in uplifting definition of His goodness to us! Beautiful post, Beth, glad to be your neighbour at #Beloved Brews today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, I love tha Amplified also, especially this..."Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world," What comfort! What joy! He picked us out for Himself ❤️

      Delete
  20. Beth, no wonder you were loving the song at Being Woven. And it should be NO WONDER that we have our God Who gives and loves and blesses and is always there for us. He is the God of All.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I LOVE your post today, God of the Mountain, I have heard that song on the Gaither's TV shows...I was right there at your computer singing along with the four of you ❤️ It reminds me of the good old days when our family would gather around the piano at my grandmother's house while my aunt or my cousin played those great southern Gospel songs, and we all sang along...precious memories ❤️ Linda's post today...
      http://beingwoven.org/2015/04/22/god-of-the-mountain/

      Delete
  21. I love the Word of God and that verse is fabulous in any version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Elizabeth. Many blessings to you ❤️

      Delete
  22. Thanks Beth for sharing this great post with us at Good Morning Mondays. Thank you for the reminder of how awesome our God is. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, thank you so much for stopping by from Good Morning Mondays! Many blessings to you ❤️

      Delete
  23. I immediately though to that song also! Love it!

    I have a prayer of thanks today:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2015/04/songs-on-sunday-prayer-of-thanks-and.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colletta, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I hopped over to your place and left a comment too ❤️

      Delete
  24. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece of art and scriptures at The Weekend Brew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbie, I love being part of the community at The Weekend Brew ❤️

      Delete
  25. Great Scripture, God has chosen us!
    Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I so agree with you...thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment ❤️

      Delete
  26. That was a beautiful analogy! I am happy I stopped by today Have a beautiful week and thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, thank you so much for your encouraging words ❤️

      Delete
  27. Thank you for this encouragement and word of truth! And thank you for linking this with us at Grace & Truth!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ephesians 1 is one of my favorite chapters. So rich. I love how your post pointed us to the Word of God. Thanks for linking with Grace and Truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being part of the #GraceAndTruth community...I will have another post on our beloved Ephesians today ❤️

      Delete
  29. Great word picture. Love the scripture. Thanks for sharing with #aftermycoffee

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your illustration, Beth. Such a beautiful picture of the wealth we have in God's word! Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Kristine. Many blessings to you!

      Delete

Blog Archive