Win A Free Book: Under His Wings...healing truth for adoptees of all ages, the book Sherrie Eldridge and Beth Willis Miller co-authored, for yourself, for someone you know who is adopted, or for a parent of an adoptee. Just leave a comment on my FacebookAuthor Page about why you would like to win the book and I will enter you in the drawing. If you aren’t currently following my Facebook Author Page simply "Like" it and enter your comment to be included in the drawing.
Under His Wings is Perfect for:
- All-adoptee growth groups
- Parents who are mentoring teens
- Adoptive parents and birth parents who want to better understand their child
- Professionals who want a tool written by authors who have walked the walk
- Any post-adoption group that has been touched by adoption
- Feelings Descriptor Chart (to help you wrap words around feelings)
- Exhaustive List of God's Names (to help you identify your feelings about God)
- Time-Line Exercise (to help you make sense of the broken pieces of your journey)
- 12 Daily Healing Steps for Adopted, Foster, & Orphan Children's Hearts
This workbook is intended to help you determine what impact separation from your first family has had on your present day life. This won't be an ethereal exercise. It will be practical so that you will know beyond a doubt that you have worked through your painful past. Then, chapter titles will reflect the thoughts you'll have once growth has begun. How exciting is that?
Prepare to be challenged! Studying the Bible will be an integral part of each chapter because we don't want you to put a band-aid on a gaping wound. Complete healing cannot occur apart from God. If you have never studied the Bible, we suggest purchasing an easy-to-understand version, such as the New Living Translation. Be sure to bring your Bible with you if you're using this material in a group or with a counselor or parent. Don't worry if you aren't familiar with the Bible. We will help you!
Prepare to make life-changing decisions also. You will be asked at the end of every chapter, "What is the take-away? How is my life going to change as a result of studying and applying what I have learned in this chapter?"
For maximum growth, be sure to complete every chapter. The old adage, "You get out of it what you put into it" is true here. Now that we've seen the overview of the workbook, let's take a closer look at what we can expect in every chapter.
Part I reveals thoughts that indicate you may have buried emotions about separation from your first family that need to be healed. They are:
- "I feel like something's missing."
- "I often feel like I don't belong."
- "I blow up easily and hurt others."
- "I sometimes fantasize about my birth family."
- "I am confused about my identity."
- "I push myself to be perfect."
- "I am terrified of rejection."
- "I struggle with self-esteem."
- "I get uptight whenever I think about meeting my birth family."
- "I have a unique life purpose!"
- "I can see how God is working in my life!"
- "I can now take rejection in stride!"
- "I am amazed that God wants to be my friend!"
- "I enjoy helping others grow!"
- "I can now see my adoption experience through God's eyes!"
Don’t forget. . .